Why him does not use a natural language for programming?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:23:40 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Michael Chean <mp.chean at gmail.com> wrote:

> His first argument re: ambiguity doesn't hold water for me.  Anyone who has
> tried to decipher another
> persons code can attest to how ambiguous programming languages can be.

But wasn't that the point.

No matter how many compatible computers you run that code on, the answer
will always be the same. No ambiguity.

For humans though, we can read it differently, and will, and some will
mistakenly think it does xyz not abc.

Therefore, computer languages can be 'English like' but not like natural
English. Then again, I guess that might be the key to true AI, to introduce
ambiguity into the mix, so when you turn on a computer it might let you
check your emails or it might sulk because you haven't used it for a while.