Anomoly when storing empty values into SQLite integer fields

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 23 14:48:26 EST 2012

Peter Haworth-2 wrote

> You could try changing the line in my sample code "put field
> myField into myArray[x]" to "put the text of field myField into
> myArray[x]".
> Pete

Yipppeee! That worked. The following code copies all of a forms values into
an sql database... no manual coding required. Truly awesome... thanks to
everyone who contributed suggestions along the way.

   put "UPDATE prenatal SET " into tCmd
   put 1 into x
   repeat with y = 1 to the number of fields of this card
      if the short name of field y <> "Label Field" and toupper(the cStoreMe
of field y) <> "N" then
         put the short name of field y into fieldname
         put fieldname & "=:" & x & comma after tCmd
         put the text of field fieldname into myArray[x]  -- put the field
VALUE into myarray
         add 1 to x
      end if
   end repeat
   put space into char -1 of tCmd
   put "where EventID=" & tEventID after tCmd

   revExecuteSQL gConnectID, tCmd, "myArray"

You can use a custom parameter called cStoreMe with a value of N to indicate
you don't want a field copied to the database (and you don't have to define
it for the fields you do want copied). I have 20 entry forms with up to 100
values per form to code, so this little snippet is going to save a TON of
time.

I've really appreciated the discussion.

-- Mark