Sounds in iOS

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 17:14:46 EST 2012

This horse being not quite dead, I will venture to flog it (gently).

I have been using 'the platform' forever too (and sometimes 'the environment'), to do different things according to the platform I'm running on. I am greatly admiring of the cross-platform capabilities of LC, and indeed have been very amazed just recently that over 90 percent of the code of a desktop app I wrote several years ago has translated directly into an iPad app. My only grumble is that sometimes it isn't obvious why RunRev has had to change something that on the face of it is not platform-specific, like embedded sounds. Of course there will be new functionality for new platforms, that's really not the issue.

I will shut up now (my sounds are working anyway!).

Graham