Socket reading problem

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Sun Feb 19 20:25:32 EST 2012

On 2/19/2012 6:29 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Len-
>
> Sunday, February 19, 2012, 3:34:41 PM, you wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to read data from a socket.  The data is Modbus/TCP.  The
>> first routine I tried is
>> read from socket pSock for 3 uInt2s
> LC doesn't know from uints. Your best bet is to read them as chars (or
> more precisely as bytes), as you're doing in your second example.

I thought this was true until I looked it up in the dictionary.  It
states that those are valid chunkTypes.  Has that changed from 4.5 to
5.0?  To be honest, I don't remember seeing that there before today and
it would have been handy.  Also available: int, int2, int4, uInt, uInt2,
uInt4 - at least according to the dictionary.

len