Recreating a binary stack from xml text

Geoff Canyon Rev gcanyon+rev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 00:07:15 EST 2012

I didn't store the ID because when I wrote it (and for long after that) the
ID was immutable, so there was no need to store it because it couldn't be
set.

That said, I'm guessing that a monolithic XML file is not the way to go
here. Someone who knows git better than I will correct me, but it would be
more useful to store each item as a separate file within a directory
(hierarchy).

I'm tempted to say that there are some things that wouldn't be
worth/necessary to put into version control. Heck, you could start with
just the scripts. So if I'm working on a project with you, we could agree
ahead of time that I'm not in charge of design, but just code. You could
send me a copy of the stack at some point, and an IDE tool would be able to
use basic git commands to refresh/update the scripts of all the objects.
But because we agreed, I know that if I move an object, or create a new
one, or delete one, that won't be captured. Maybe that's not ideal -- if I
find that something is a pixel off, that's a pain not to be able to fix it
right there. But it would be somewhat simpler to implement.