Recreating a binary stack from xml text

mikedoub at gmail.com mikedoub at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 17:43:07 EST 2012

I think the real intent is to get a livecode application into a format where you can use standard configuration management tools to store versions and track differences.  In theory if the components were broken out separately, then you could have multiple people working on the same app at the same time.

I believe as long as the source is text, then all of source management systems that I am aware of will work.  XML is just text so it should be fine.  Most of these system can deal with binary blobs and they just rev stamp them. So images and media are still manageable.

Not having the ability to manage the source code was the only thing that prevented me from using livecode in my corporate life.  So I am excited to hear that others are interested as well.

  -= Mike