[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:40:33 EST 2012

Hi Bob,

slylabs13 wrote

> I think back then there was such a distain for anything Macintosh in the
> PC world, that anyone faced with the decision about whether or not to
> include in a history of computing, Hypercard as a precursor to ALL
> Hypertext based systems would be inclined to decline. It's the old adage
> that the winners write the history books, and PC people of that ilk see
> themselves as "the winners" by sheer numbers. Macintoshes were not
> considered "serious business computers" back then, but were characterized
> as mere consumer toys. Just my guess tho'.

Well, I recognize that I never have though about this topic in this way,
because myself started as a Mac user and later become a Windows user.
I do not see any existential conflict about this...

Strangely enough, HyperCard was an inspiration too for Visual Basic too:
http://www.mackido.com/History/History_VB.html
http://loewald.com/blog/?p=3494

Have a nice weekend!

Al