[ANN] ExtTextInputMode external

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Feb 17 07:22:22 EST 2012

Hi,

Perhaps I should explain a little more, because some people seem to think this feature was already available in LiveCode.

Currently, livecode has functions to retrieve the the current language settings of the iPhone. With iphonePreferredLanguages, you can find out which language to use if your application is multilingual. iPhoneCurrentLocale can be used to retrieve the current interface language. A likely scenario is that the current user interface is German and the preferred languages are 1) German and 2) English. This means that a multilingual app may use English if only French and English are available.

Currently, LiveCode doesn't allow you to find out which input method is currently used. The user may choose a Chinese keyboard while the preferred languages are German and English and the interface language is German. To find out which keyboard is used, you can now call the extCurrentInputMode function. With this external you now have all the info you may need:

iphonePreferredLanguages: list of languages in user's order of preference

iphoneCurrentLocale: the currently set language for the user interface of the iOS device

extCurrentInputMode: the language of the currently selected keyboard

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com