Fun with nummberFormat

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 16 03:51:23 EST 2012

On 16/02/2012, at 05:18 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

On Feb 14, 2012, at 5:28 PM, Terry Judd wrote:

On 15/02/2012, at 09:07 AM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

Yes I know. I was remarking that you can put virtually anything in the numberFormat and it will pad with zero's.

And all that time I've been 'manually' padding my values. No more!

I've been using the "format" function instead:

 put format("%04d","13")
 -->  0013

 put format("%08d","121")
 --> 00000121

More good stuff. Thanks Ken.

Terry...

That's what I love about LiveCode… you can do the same thing in multiple ways...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com<mailto:kray at sonsothunder.com>
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/