[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Feb 15 19:28:58 EST 2012

> I do think this underscores a principle I have been stating
> for years, that advancements in technology (at least consumer
> technology) cannot continue to increase linearly forever. A
> good friend of mine contends that it can! But I argue that
> you soon reach a point where the average user simply refuses
> the technology on the grounds that it is too much mental work
> to embrace it. The genius of iOS is that it was written as
> the OS for the rest of the rest of us. ;-)

I think you should also not underestimate the value of a predictive (and
more advanced AI) system that allows other interfaces to be more simplified.
So many lessons were learned starting from the lean restrictions of the PDA
era. More and more complex tasks will be able to be broken down to three
steps or less.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President