Pending Messages

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Feb 15 16:47:31 EST 2012

> Ken, yes, I am locking the screen before the updating the chart.   I don't know anything about the layer mode so I guess I need to learn more about that.

> Ken, when using the Dynamic Layer mode am I correct to assume that all of the objects including groups need to have the property mode set to dynamic.   In my case I am not really moving the objects but instead changing their color.   Movement is possible but not expected to be a common occurrence.

If you're not moving them, then you shouldn't need to use dynamic layering.

> I have always been a bit confused about when and when not to use the touch handlers as opposed to the mouse.   Is it safe to say that you should stick with the mouse handlers unless you are interested in detecting multiple touch events?   And I am in fact using them both so I need to fix that.   Any idea why the frequency difference between the touch and mouse?  I would have expected them to be the same.

I don't know why the frequency is different, but in general, my rule of thumb is this:

- If you don't care about multi-touch, use mouse events for everything but mouseMove/touchMove.
- Pick either touchMove or mouseMove and if you have any problems with it, try using the other.

I haven't exactly identified when the best time to use one or the other is, with the exception of a project I was working on where I was needing to drag something and update a field with the "location" of the dragged object - when I did it with touchMove it was a little less responsive than with mouseMove.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com