Pending Messages

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Feb 15 10:43:26 EST 2012

On Feb 14, 2012, at 4:09 PM, Michael Doub wrote:

> I am currently catching touch movement events and rendering a graph within a slider.  Clearly the rendering is slowing things a bit and I am
> experiencing some sluggishness.

Are you locking the screen before you change the graph and then unlocking it when you're done? Also, the objects that are being changed by dragging the slider seem like candidates for setting the layerMode of those objects to "dynamic". Also, touchMove messages aren't sent as often as mouseMove, so you may way to try using mouseMove instead of touchMove (don't use them both or you'll get both!) and see if that helps.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/