[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Sun Feb 12 13:54:35 EST 2012

I think back then there was such a distain for anything Macintosh in the PC world, that anyone faced with the decision about whether or not to include in a history of computing, Hypercard as a precursor to ALL Hypertext based systems would be inclined to decline. It's the old adage that the winners write the history books, and PC people of that ilk see themselves as "the winners" by sheer numbers. Macintoshes were not considered "serious business computers" back then, but were characterized as mere consumer toys. Just my guess tho'.

Bob