iphoneCurrentHeading() gotcha

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Fri Feb 10 21:27:23 EST 2012

This is a heads up on using iphoneCurrentHeading() and its returned timestamp.

I struggled with this for many hours. It turns out that the heading and the timeStamp from the iphoneCurrentHeading() only return the heading and time from 'when' the last location was last changed. It returns the last known timestamp and heading and not a new heading(same heading) and a new timestamp.

Calling it repeatedly returns the same results, which makes sense for the heading (since it has not changed so it is not returning a new heading) but I thought repeated calling the currentheading would give me a new timestamp from the new call to it. Not so.

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net