Any in-house corporate developers?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:31:20 EST 2012

Hi Bob,

slylabs13 wrote

> One caveat of Livecode is that it is not a multi-developer
> system. Some people have developed strategies for having
> more than one person work on a project at a time, but it's
> rather limited. That is one of the reasons I think that more
> people do not use Livecode.
> [snip]
> I would say that for in house development of custom apps
> for a company, nothing can even touch Livecode. In fact I
> would not even begin to pursue a project so complex as the
> one I am working on now if I had to do it in Java or C++.
> I would not develop at all.

Well, I could testify that some developers knows really well
their limitations and advantages, because some years ago
I was asking a group of them to show the capabilities and
power of their platform of choice and create a simple
application like this:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/Learn_Japanese_Syllabaries_v092.zip
Although I gave them all the graphical elements and described
in details the simple algorithms used, none wants to spend
their time replicating that simple application.

At last, some of them (not all), recognized that certain type
of apps could be developed faster and cheaper with RAD
tools like LiveCode. But, if none of them took the time to
learn a Livecode, How would they know what kind of apps are
better suited to develop in LiveCode?

That is similar to the Work experience paradox:
You can't get work without experience,
but you can't get experience without work.

Al