Any in-house corporate developers?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Feb 9 15:03:30 EST 2012

On 09/02/2012 00:40, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> You should be aware that currently only a few SQL databases are supported: sqLite, mySQL, Valentina, and one other I cannot remember. Microsoft SQL is NOT supported to my knowledge, and some corporations require MS SQL compliance.

I think that's a bit misleading - a large part of the in-house apps that I've
made with LiveCode exclusively interface with MS SQL- they do this via ODBC,
but that is generally a reasonable way to do that (per a recent discussion I
think on this list, recommended by MS over OLE).  I've not had any problems
with this.

Similarly we work with PostgreSQL over ODBC - and in general I'd expect most
SQL databases to be accessible in that way.

Some of our apps also integrate with Oracle, for which there is a direct
driver - this used to require an 'Enterprise' license from RunRev, but I
believe is now bundled as standard with all license types.

HTH,

Ben