QR Code & mobile devices & the desktop

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Feb 7 23:24:10 EST 2012

For those that want to get started with Barcode scanning using the iPhone
might look at a free app in the iphone store

Inventory Scanner<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inventory-scanner/id365563373?mt=8>

using John Craig's new QR code generator library and this app, one can get
a personal inventory started without building a iPhone app to scan. Very
good ideas in this app, which can send the data as an email or can use it's
built-in server to get the data into you desktop.

On 7 February 2012 06:16, John Craig <john at splash21.com> wrote:

> Just noticed that tType should be 'text' or 'text/html', etc... in
> socketRespond
>

> put "Content-Type: " & tType & CRLF after tHeaders
>

> On 07/02/2012 14:07, John Craig wrote:
>
>> Hi, Nicolas.  I had thought the exact same thing - there's no need for
>> additional hardware if you already have a capable phone / tablet.
>> I put a simple demo together - just paste the following code into a card
>> and add a button that calls 'serverReset' and a field called 'Data' to show
>> incoming data. I've used port 10310 for the connections and my local ip
>> address is 192.168.0.100 - just replace with your own details.
>>
>> On your scanner app, after scanning a code, you can just;
>> put URL("http://192.168.0.100:**10310/ <http://192.168.0.100:10310/>?" &
>> urlEncode("QR code data 12345...")) into tResponse
>>
>> You can also just use a browser to test quickly.  Don't you just love all
>> this modern mobile technology?!  :D
>>
>> John.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA