Windows Admin vs Standard Users - App startup times

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 7 12:25:00 EST 2012

That may be a bit of a misnomer. Windows (and OS X) is designed to keep recent code from an app in virtual memory. You will discover this phenomenon to be true with all programs. The first time you run it, the startup time may be longer than you expect, but quit it and start it up again, and the startup time is dramatically decreased.

Bob