Windows Admin vs Standard Users - App startup times

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Tue Feb 7 08:15:02 EST 2012

Thanks

Its also easy to test,  if you compile the simplest of apps and compile it,  then switch to a standard user account and run the app it is slow to start.  If you close the app,  the right click on it and select 'run as administrator' to start it again it starts instantly.

I cant really tell all my users to run the app as an administrator so hopefully there is something during the startup that could be disabled with a line of code to get an instant startup in a standard user account instead of a 11 second one!

Andy