tips on posting an url and reading the results

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 04:39:26 EST 2012

Hello All,

Just got a barcode scanner, confirmed it works with LiveCode, and now
want to play.

But, being impatient (or lazy), am hoping for some pointers about the
LC commands I should look into to do the following from within a
stack.

First, how to get my stack to post an ISBN number to an online ISBN-
lookup. For example:

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=isbn:9784883194292&num=10

Then, how to get my stack to "read" the results of that ISBN-lookup.

Much welcome too would be advice about combing thru the HTML mess that
gets returned in order to find only the info I'm after.

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Cueto