How does a command find out who called it?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Feb 1 16:28:34 EST 2012

On Feb 1, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Ken Corey wrote:

> On 01/02/2012 21:03, Ken Ray wrote:
>> Take away the "in 0 secs" and it should work fine (I get two lines, one referring to the button that issued the 'send' and the other referring to the stack). I'm guessing the "send in time" aspect messes with the executionContexts…
>>
>> BTW: Why would you send something in 0 secs? Just curious… if you want it to be processed right away, why not just "send" it?
>>

> If you just do a 'send "blah"' it happens right then before the rest of the handler. Whereas if you 'send "blah" in 0 seconds', it only runs once this handler is finished.  A minor detail, but a potential biteme.

Really? Does it matter how long it takes the handler to complete execution? That is, if the rest of the handler after the "send" takes 10 seconds to execute, will LC wait all 10 seconds to get to the end of the handler before it sends the message?

Just curious...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com