Intelligent Save Dialogue?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Feb 1 14:00:33 EST 2012

> The problem here is that, as far as I know LiveCode can only react to the Save or Cancel button being pressed within the dialogue box, so my question for the list is:
>
> Does anybody know of a way to achieve an 'intelligent' save dialogue without building a new one from scratch? or has anybody built one that they are willing to share?

Well you can't "hack" into the OS-provided Save dialog, so it's either build a replacement one from scratch, or use a workaround, which is basically:

- Bring up a save dialog
- Check for an extension
	- If there isn't one, add one
	- If it's incorrect, alert the user
- If you had to add or correct the extension, check for an existing file with that name
	- If there is one, display a dialog asking if they want to replace (hopefully mimicking the host OS as best as you can)
- Save or Cancel (based on user choice).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/