RevBrowser -> IE Security Warning Workaround?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Feb 1 10:47:13 EST 2012

Hi List:

I'm trying to workaround a RevBrowser problem that has me stumped --
specifically, IE's refusal to run HTML that contains Javascript without
throwing up an ActiveX security warning. Hoping someone has a creative
solution...

I have a LiveCode stack based on RevBrowser that uses HTML/Javascript to
pass login credentials to a site so the site can be displayed in the stack
in RevBrowser.  The stack works fine on Mac, but fails on Windows,
apparently because of IE's ActiveX warning when running anything it
considers a threat.

In a test EXE, I've tried setting the UAC Execution Level in the standalone
builder to ³Highest Available² and ³Require Administrator² -- neither option
works, both of these seem to hang.  And I'm sure the HTML works because a
test page loads correctly in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.  IE is the only
one with the ActiveX warning.  Sadly, RevBrowser is based on IE.

So anybody have a suggestion on how I can keep IE/RevBrowser happy while
running code that contains Javascript?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Scott Rossi