Problem with setting Password with LC 5.5.3

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 10 22:29:06 EST 2012

On 12/10/12 12:28 PM, Charles Szasz wrote:
> I have a project that has a launcher stack and an app stack. I use
> the following script in the message box to set the passKey as per
> documentation:
>
> set the passkey of this stack "abcd"

This is probably a typo, but it's missing the "to".

> This is followed by saving the stack and then closing the stack and
> removing it memory. I also tried quitting LC to make sure it was
> removed from memory.
>
> The password works for the appStack when I open the appStack and try
> to edit a script in the IDE. However, when I open the launcher stack,
> which then automatically launches the appStack, I can edit the
> appStack without entering the passkey. The launcher stack has the
> passKey so it can launched the appStack. But on Rev 4.0, I always had
> to enter the password before I was allowed to edit a script after the
> launcher stack launched the appStack to work on the appStack.
>
> What am I doing wrong? I have tried quitting LC after saving my
> appStack with a password to make sure the appStack was removed from
> memory after saving the passkey. I am using the Mountain Lion
> 10.8.2.

I'm not sure I followed all that, but the rules are: a password applies
only to the stack it has been assigned to. If one stack disallows
editing and another doesn't, then a password has not been assigned to
the second one. Even substacks can have different passwords than their
mainstacks, or no password at all.

You don't need to set the passkey to have the launcher open another
stack. Passwords prevent script editing and the ability to view the
stack in a text editor, but they don't affect any other functionality.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com