LiveCodeJournal.com forum registration

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Dec 8 16:34:41 EST 2012

Peter M. Brigham wrote:

 > I'm not on the forums, and don't feel any particular need to join
 > them since I'm not a professional LC developer, but the exclusion
 > of gmail addresses seems extreme.

It is. I regretted having to add it to the filters, and it was the last
one to be added - I put it off for more than a year, for all the reasons
you mentioned.

But the onslaught of spambot registrations from gmail made it difficult
to handle any other way while still providing enough time for the work I
do that pays for the forums.

If someone here would like to register for the LiveCode Journal forums
and has no other address but gmail, first consider the loss of branding
value from not using your companies domain, but if you still want to use
gmail for those forums drop me a note and I'll see if I can set up a
manual exclusion for it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World