Sockets or similar on IOS and Android

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Dec 5 14:50:47 EST 2012

On 06/12/2012, at 2:15 AM, Rod McCall <rodmccall491 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We basically need to be able to support secure data connections to/from  a
> server. Based on discussions from a long time ago and also on looking at
> the LiveCode dictionary (at least in 5.5.1) there is no support for sockets.

If you are only going to and from your server then a RESTful api as Richard suggests is the best way to go. While I should be promoting my potential sockets external that I will be calling for crowd funding on soon I don't think it's the best solution in this case.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!