Sockets or similar on IOS and Android

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Dec 5 14:46:07 EST 2012

On 06/12/2012, at 5:41 AM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

>> If you absolutely must use a custom protocol, you may want to contact
>> Monte about this as he's evaluating whether to make an external for that.
>
> But still no Android.

It's true that any external I write is going to be iOS only in the short term. My intention is to use boost.asio which is cross platform C++ so when android externals are available it should port readily. rresocket (which is available for client side tcp on iOS now) won't port.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!