App rejected now the 3rd time - because...

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sat Dec 1 23:25:45 EST 2012

So far I've managed to get any apps accepted first time. But the most recent app I did was for a client who had been rejected themselves. Not for what we did for them, but for their own in house app. It was deemed to not have much value, which was indeed the case, it was a simple promotional app. That may well factor into the thinking, just imagine if every company could use Apple to distribute their Christmas greeting app, that should really just be a web site with Flash or HTML 5.

The app we did had enough novelty value that it must have been seen as something more than you can do on a web page (though we did also do a Facebook version of the app), and so wasn't seen as the promotional app that it really was.