how my book is doing...

Marian Petrides, M.D. mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 10:50:08 EST 2012

Unfortunately, Colin is right. The going royalty rate tends to be around 10%  On all the medical books I have published, the royalty was 10% divided among all authors. One extremely big project got 12% divided among 6 editors, each of us getting 2%.

I think Amazon's Kindle bookstore gives authors 30% but all they do is provide a place to download from. Absolutely nothing else. And, of course, your only option as a Kindle customer is the e-Book version, eliminating sales to people who want a hardcopy.