Team development solution

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Aug 27 18:18:51 EDT 2012

A versioning solution having the stack as the atomic unit is fairly useless for a large application like an accounting app for instance. I can conceive of a web based solution that could handle this, taking a stack on the server, adding handlers for managing versioning in a frontscript, and then allowing devs to download a copy to work with. Any attempt to edit a script for example would trigger a handler that would call back to the server and "lock" the object so subsequent users would be locked out, or at least given read only access until the object was unlocked. You could unlock on save, or else have a control interface that posted the changes.

It would be really complicated to build something like this and until there is a real demand for it, I don't think it would be profitable.

Bob