The Owner of a background group

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 21 21:56:10 EDT 2012

On 8/21/12 7:50 PM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:

> Cards lived on HC backgrounds. But LC groups live on cards, even
> though the background versions of these have a sort of "shared"
> existence within the stack. But this is closer, in my opinion, to the
> sharedText of a field, rather than an object class in and of itself;
> a shared property rather than an independent existence.

Except that sometimes the message hierarchy changes when it's a
background group, and messages arrive after the card. It gets complicated.

Assuming the group has backgroundbehavior set, if you click on a control
in the group it goes to the group, then to the card. If you click on the
group but outside of any control, the message goes to the card and then
to the group.

So background groups come after the card, except when their controls are
directly addressed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com