The Owner of a background group

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 20:50:05 EDT 2012

Jacque.

Your HC age is showing.

Cards lived on HC backgrounds. But LC groups live on cards, even though the background versions of these have a sort of "shared" existence within the stack. But this is closer, in my opinion, to the sharedText of a field, rather than an object class in and of itself; a shared property rather than an independent existence.

It is the single most difficult thing to get one's head around, if that head is determined to think of LC as merely HC on steroids. I am only just now thinking in LC, instead of translating from HC. Shows the persistence of ones first language, and the effort to think, naturally and idiomatically, in a new tongue.

I am aware of the advantages of groups. I miss the clean, linear hierarchal object caste system that HC proffered.

Craig