New Pricing

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Aug 21 16:00:29 EDT 2012

Pay as you go pricing is something you are either going to love, or you
are going to hate. We have done our homework, we know what % of you do and
don't like it. Therefore, like other big companies before us (e.g. Adobe)
we have made it an option. You may choose if it is for you. Or not. You
may continue to do exactly what you do now, or you can switch. There is no
difference in the pricing for any existing customers, as far as I'm aware
not a single $ has been added or subtracted to any option in any product
line. A debate on this list will not alter the % of you who do and don't
like PAYG, this being a fact we have established long before we undertook
this. This is about providing choice which we believe will help a certain
group of potential customers adopt the platform.

As far as the store front is concerned, we are showing the most popular
products there. You can select a license and customize it, for example to
get a desktop only product for a single platform. That is a design
decision we have taken that is based on solid evidence regarding what the
most popular platforms are and does not affect our existing customers in
any way. We will continue to refine it, but you can rest assured that this
is something we pay a lot of attention to and watch the results on
carefully.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/