is anyone using postgresql hosting from on-rev?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 16:20:40 EDT 2012

I set up and paid for the account this morning, but the server is
refusing connections.

There seem to be tools for managing remote mysql, but not postgresql.

There is not a web component here; just my stacks needing to create &
manipulate databases.

When attempting to connect from livecode to create a database, with the line

    put revOpenDatabase("postgresql", "dochawkbk.on-rev.com" ,dbName
,aty_sqlAct,aty_sqlPswd ) into dbno

the response is
        could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "dochawkbk.on-rev.com" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Similarly, from telnet
  sharpshin:hawk>telnet dochawkbk.on-rev.com 5432
  Trying 74.54.153.71...
  telnet: connect to address 74.54.153.71: Connection refused
  telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com