revOpenDatabase - can't connect

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Aug 14 13:21:43 EDT 2012

Right, and if your data has any value at all I would not do that. Something like 10.45.2.% might do the trick, but provider subnets are rarely classful, meaning the mask is either 255.0.0.0, 255.255.0.0, or 255.255.255.0. There is actually a bit more to it than that, but this is the general idea.

If you are able to enter the subnet in the form 10.45.2.0/16 or something of than nature, then you can pin the subnet down precicely. Otherwise you will have to know when your IP has changed and make an entry. I have to do this when working tethered with my iPhone. It's not that big of a deal, but I am only using the SQL server for development.

Bob