I can't send a message with a field to another handler

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:48:38 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM,  <dunbarx at aol.com> wrote:
> If you do not specify a full pathname (or LC-type "pathname"), LC will assume you are on the same card.
>

> So just change your code to ...fld tgt of cd "yourcard" [of stack "otherStack"]

that works when I spell it out (which is what I did when using
straight arithmetic instead of formatting)

The problem is passing the target field as a variable; livecode
handles tgt containing "myfield" just fine, but I haven't found a way
to send it "myfield of that other card" without it looking for a field
on the same card with that name.

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.