[OT] How long before..

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Wed Aug 1 07:24:42 EDT 2012

Like I said, I agree in general...but what /should/ a good measure of a
successful interface be?

If you'd like to think of it that way, Windows (for all its faults) /is/
touched by the gods.  My children have been getting ICT training at
school for the last four years, and what have they been learning?  Word,
Excel, and Powerpoint on windows computers, and the school is *proud* to
teach it to them. *shiver*

I was thrilled when one of the summer camps at school was to learn to
use the Raspberry Pi, and really dig into game programming...until the
camp was cancelled for lack of interest.

In some respects, this is a bit like linguistic experts angry that silly
news words come into the language.  Yes, the new words may be silly or
sound stupid, but if the whole of society understand them, they're
words, whether experts like them or not.

As Robbie Williams said "You can't argue with popularity...well, you
could...but you'd be wrong".

-Ken