problem for the ancients - headless cgi mode and images

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Sat Apr 28 18:48:11 EDT 2012

Folks,

This is aimed at people who know the vagaries of the headless cgi mode
of old.

I am trying to set an image in a headless stack and then get its
imagedata. In other words, setting it to "http://blurf.com/myremote.jpg"

It does not appear to be working. Is this because the stack had no
access to http?

Is there a way around this at all?

The server is ancient bsd.

I do have a modern rev server account, but I have no idea how to use the
existing stack in that context.

The user needs to be able to pass a web URL (not a local one) to the
stack, which will then return a text string as a result.