Time-Stamping Demo programs #2

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 24 12:11:08 EDT 2012

On 4/24/12 10:08 AM, Paul Dupuis wrote:

> However, I'd agree with Richard Gaskin's post that a feature limited
> demo is generally a better marketing approach than a time limited demo.

I think so too. Or even just make the program slightly annoying during
launch. Graphic Converter does that and its author has been supporting
himself for years with it, it's hugely popular. It isn't limited in any
way. He just inserts a 10 second wait after every launch before the
program becomes useable. Like most people, I used the free version for a
couple of years until the ten seconds got so annoying I paid up. I've
been paying for updates ever since.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com