in-App Reviews

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Mon Apr 23 12:13:52 EDT 2012

You can use a shared object to note whether the user has previously clicked on your Write Review button, or perhaps on the Never Ask Me Again button.

Here's the code I use to go directly from within my app to the list of reviews for the app in the App Store app:

public function toreview() {
	goURL("itms-apps://ax.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewContentsUserReviews?type=Purple+Software&id=514220257");
}

public function goURL(url:String) {
	navigateToURL(new URLRequest(url),"_blank");
}

The 514220257 is the code for my app, you will know your ID as you start to enter details in the App Store. The Upload App part comes later than when you are given the ID, so you can do one last build with the correct link.