Animation

J. Downs downs.david.j at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:39:19 EDT 2012

Thanks, Malte.  I've downloaded the AnimationEngine trial and will take a look this afternoon.  :)

At this time, I am just playing around, so I will be developing on Mac OS X for deployment on same.  If I get really crazy, I might see how my ideas run on my BootCamp Windows install.  Not looking at any mobile deployments for now.

I did lots of arcade-style development back in the day—and by that, I mean almost 30 years ago using Player-Missile Graphics in both BASIC and machine language on my Atari 800XL.  (Wow, I'm old.)  I also did my share of heavy-lifting with HyperCard in the late '90s, so I'm extremely comfortable with the LC core concepts.

Just bridging the gap by trying a few fun idea.  I'd like to try a side-scroller with parallax and some other challenges.

Thanks in advance to any other ideas you all might have.

J.