iOS apps not installing on device

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Apr 17 15:24:13 EDT 2012

Colin/Pierre,

Thanks for your help Pierre! I had got it working again just before your
email arrived. Here's what I did:

1) I Noticed that the provisioning profiles listed in LC had my app's
Provisioning listed twice?? Weird...
2) Closed LC
3) In Xcode with the iPad connected I deleted the provisioning profile from
the library and the iPad (there was just one instance there).
4) Deleted the provisioning profile from the portal.
5) From the portal I generated a new provisioning profile with a different
name(just appended a 2 to the end) using the same app ID.
6) Downloaded and installed the profile.
7) Fired up LC, selected the new profile and built the app.
6) Dragged the app into iTunes and synced.
7) All is good app installed and runs just fine.

Now..... Colin

I then went to Xcode and noticed that the iPad did not have a green bullet
or any bullet at all. I went the iPad's apps and I could not drag an app
into it or delete an app. The add/delete buttons were grayed out. I clicked
back onto the iPad main screen (with no bullet of any color) and there was
an empty screen that had a "use this device for development" button. So I
said OK I'll click this and be able to bypass iTunes. Well well well. I got
this screen. And now I have a yellow bullet.

The version of iOS on "name of my iPad" does not match any of the version of
iOS
supported for development with this installation of the iOS SDK Please
restore the
device to a version of the OS listed below, or update to the latest version
of the iOS SDK;
which is available here

Os Installed in "Name of my iPad"
5.1 (98176)

Xcode Supported iOS Versions
Latest
5.0 (9A334)
4.3
4.2

But I can still link an app in LC, drag into iTunes, synced the iPad and the
app installs and runs just fine and dandy. Whew... I thought by clicking
that button I backed myself into the "stop all work and install Lion and new
SDK" corner. I was planning to do it last week and had some other issues
that came up and ran out of time then had get this app out the door using
the currently installed Xcode 4.2 and OSX 10.6.8.

Any help or comments are appreciated and I do apologize in advance for my
lack of knowledge in the Mac arena.

Thanks again all!

Ralph DiMola
IT Director