[on-rev]Line endings for a db query

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Apr 2 15:12:40 EDT 2012

Hi Martin,
That's strange. I just tried the following test:

put revDataFromQuery(,,gDBID,"SELECT * FROM t1) into tVar
put return & revDataFromQuery(,,gDBID,"SELECT * FROM t1) after tVar

tVar looked just like it should after the above, no blank lines.

Are you using the default rowdelim character for revDataFromQuery?  What
platform are you on?  My test was done on a Mac.

Pete

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Martin Koob <mkoob at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter
>
> Thanks, I just tried your suggestion.
>
> That still inserts blank lines into the variable that I have to filter out
> later.
>
> It seems the revDataFromQuery does not insert an end of line character
> after
> the last record and
> it seems that the end of line character that is used to separate lines in
> the variable is not the same as the return or LF constants in LiveCode.
>
> Martin
>
> --

Pete