Tell me I'm not crazy

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Sep 20 15:08:10 EDT 2011

Tereza, it's my opinion that <> ought to have worked as well, as it works with other forms of non-numeric data, like strings. I think it's something that slipped by the developers. I would eventually have encountered the same thing. In fact I did encounter a similar kind of thing when checking to see if an array variable was empty, in order to determine if, say anything was returned by a database call. All array variables seem to be empty, whether there is an array there or not.

I give you this:
put "test" into myArray[1];put empty into myVar;put myArray = myVar
returns true. BUT
put "test" into myArray[1];put "test2" into myVar[1];put myArray = myVar
returns false.

THAT is frickin UGLY crazy!

Bob