Apple vs Android in the Enterprise

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Sep 15 18:51:08 EDT 2011

On 16/09/2011, at 7:08 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> So, our customer would like us to build both an iOS and Android app for
> their advisers. I thought this should be simple. Let's see-- for Apple,
> we'll need an Enterprise license and for Android we'll need..hmmm. zippo.
> Just build and deploy on Android (sweet!)

Hi Chipp

My reading of it was your customer would need the enterprise license not you. Is that wrong? And yeah, compared to android where you can just put the files on their intranet and email folks the link they are shooting themselves in the foot. There are quite a number of cases (I'm about to start work on one) where tablets would be purchased purely to run a single custom app. Now what would I recommend???

Cheers

Monte