pasting clipboard from Excel

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 13:02:52 EDT 2011

...indeed, hence the suggestion - to test whether the problem is non-text elements getting into the clipboard that LC doesn't like.

That way, you can at least prove whether you have the option to add LC-friendly pre-processing via a user-friendly Excel trick, such as a nice big 'Export to LC' button that drives a macro that will copy the range, paste-special-values somewhere and then copy clean text from there into the clipboard.