Question About Windows Standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 6 02:00:30 EDT 2011

On 9/5/11 10:20 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> Björnke,
>
> Excuse my ignorance. I guess it's a matter of terminology. So what are they called?

Externals are like HyperCard XCMDs. They are usually written in a
lower-level language, and add a specific functionality to the LiveCode
engine. The zip commands are implemented as an external, for example.

If a standalone needs to include externals, they are placed in the
Externals folder during the build process. If there are no externals
used in the standalone, the standalone builder creates the folder anyway
but it's empty. The folder isn't needed if your app doesn't use
externals and is safe to throw away.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com