[OT] Box.net free 50Gb for iOS 5 users

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Oct 26 13:30:31 EDT 2011

Theis para is about using Box on a Mac. Yes, uploading is through logging
into the box.net web site in your browser.  Right clicking a file in
box.netshows you a Download option so no webdav needed.  I don't
believe there are
any file type restrictions unless you are using the box.net sync service
which is part of paid for business package and is more of a document
collaboration tool than like Google docs.

There is a Box app for Android devices, don't know about iOS but I'd be
surprised if there wasn't one.  I don't see a specific download option in
it, but there is an Open option which downloads it then opens it in the
appropriate application.

I'm not sure where you're looking on their web site but I
have definitely uploaded files of a non-Office type, including livecode
stack files.

Pete