how to read an specific page into pdf document?

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:46:12 EDT 2011

> David, this is really interesting. Where does the PDF page appear? I mean is it in a stack window, and could it be manipulated by a LiveCode program? My guess is that this is what Alessandro was aiming at. I don't quite understand what's happening in this script. Also, in your case do you need to check if the user has actually got a copy of Adobe Reader installed? Looks like this method only works if you know not only that it's installed but exactly which version it is. Maybe in your context this isn't an issue - can you comment?
>
> Curious
>
> TIA
>
> Graham

Hello Graham,
You are correct that I made no provisions for checking to see if the
user has Adobe Reader installed, or at what version and/or location.
My real point is/was that in order to launch a non-shell application
using the LC shell command (AcroRd32.exe in this case), you must first
set the default folder to the location where the targeted executable
resides.

On my system here, the script I posted opens a regular PDF file
(located in my documents folder) to the exact page number specified,
just as if I had manually opened it and navigated to the page.

I really didn't go any further in testing the functionality than that. :)

Best Regards,
David C.