Visible lines in a scrolling field.

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Oct 14 01:38:11 EDT 2011

On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:05 AM, Ralph DiMola wrote:

> Does anyone know how to find out what lines are currently visible in a field
> with a vertical scrollbar?

That depends… is this a list field or regular field? If a regular field, do you have dontWrap turned on, or not?

> More importantly can I find out just before they
> are scrolling into view so I can do some stuff to the line(s) just before/as
> they become visible?

Well, you can trap the scrollBarDrag of the field and do something based on its value, but you'd have to be fast...

> If I process all the lines (say for 2-3 hundred) it
> take waayyy too long for it to finish and the vertical scrollbar motion or
> highlighting 1 line will not happen until the entire list is processed. I
> put some constructive waits in and it reduces the problem but doesn't fix
> it.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/